Barkman and Smith is active in the community and encourages our patients to join in our efforts to give back. Below is a list of dates and events that Barkman and Smith is involved with.
July 24th, 2018 at 10am-11am - Community Presentation, join us at the Irving - Heritage Trace Senior Center. Ron Barkman PT and Serena PTA will be presenting on Fall Risk and Fall Prevention.
We are fortunate to live in an area with an abundance of resources from ride services, access to to exericse facilities and opportunities to volunteer both our time and resources.
Here is a list of the community resources we are aware of (we are always looking for more resources that will improve the quality of life and independence of individuals in our commnity. If you are aware of a resource we do not have listed please contact us)
- Neurofitness Foundation - Neurofitness is a not for profit exercise facility for individuals living with neurological conditions such as paralysis, parkinsons, MS, MD and much more
- Silver Sneakers - Silver Sneakers is a health insurance funded program that provides seniors with access to gyms and groups exercise classes at no cost.
- Senior Centers - Most communities have a senior center that provides a separate facility or separate area of a facility specifically for use by seniors. Classes and facilities vary from one center to the other. Here are just a few of the Senior Centers we are aware of. If your cities center is not listed contact your city to find out if a senior center exists in your community as well.
- City of Irving - Heritage Senior Center
- City of Hurst - Hurst Senior Center
- City of Colleyville - Colleyville Senior Center
- City of North Richland Hills - NRH Senior Center
- City of Bedford - Bedford Senior Center
- City of Dallas - Dalles Senior Centers, Dallas has multiple senior centers
- City of Fort Worth - Fort Worth Community/Senior Centers, Fort Worth has multiple locations that offer a variety of resources.
- City of Euless - Euless Senior Center
- City of Grapevine - Grapevine Senior Center
- Ride Assistance - There are several resources available that provide either free or low cost ride services. Ride services are available for both medical and non-medical appointments depending on which resource you use. Click HERE (Tarrant County) or HERE (Dallas County) for a spreadsheet style list of providers, service areas, hours of operation, eligibility, fares and websites available in the Tarrant/Dallas County Areas.
- Logisticare - You must qualify to use Logisticare which provides transportation primarily for Medicaid members.
- Catholic Charities Transportation - Catholic Charities of Fort Worth, CCFW, transportation provides medical and non-medical both in and out of the Fort Worth Transportation Authority, FWTA (The T), service area and hours of operation.
- MyRide - MyRide is the one-stop shopping place for ride services in Dallas County. MyRide connects individuals with disabilities with a variety of transportation services in Dallas County.
- MidCities Care Corps - MidCities Care Corp is a non-profit supported by faith based communities/churches, civic groups, businesses, and individual friends working together to preserve the independence and well-being of senior neighbors throughout Northeast Tarrant County
- Physical Therapy Links