Geriatric Physical Therapy in Bedford & Fort Worth TX
Working directly with senior patients, our physical therapists strive to help people prevent falls, improve balance and maximize functionality through therapy and exercises.
When injuries do occur, we work to aid in the healing process and help the patient to return to their normal level of activity as quickly as possible.
Geriatric physical therapy for the senior population focuses on optimizing function.
As we age, our bodies undergo changes which affect function. Although this process is normal it often leads to pain and disability, causing patients to limit their activity or all together stop doing what they enjoy. Geriatric physical therapy has been found effective in improving strength, mobility and balance and builds confidence fostering a more active lifestyle. There are many reasons to consult your doctor about the benefits of physical therapy.
Treatment will focus on a patient’s specific goals. Research shows that individual treatment programs at any age can help restore mobility, reduce pain, increase strength and improve fitness levels. We also offer our BalanceTrak® program to specifically address fall risk.
Geriatric conditions treated with physical therapy:
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis;
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis;
- Cancer-related complications;
- Alzheimer’s disease;
- Joint replacement and other orthopaedic surgeries;
- Neurologic disorders; Stroke, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Vestibular and Balance disorders;
- Overweight and obesity;
- Fall Risk and gait training - BalanceTrak®;
- Generalized weakness and loss of function.